Why Consider NUPIP?
Are you a graduating senior or recent alumni exploring fellowship and job opportunities?
Are you interested in the nonprofit or public sectors, but not sure where to start?
Do you want to spend a year of your time learning about Chicago and the public interest sector, exploring career opportunities, and working for the public good? NUPIP may be for you!
NUPIP offers the opportunity to:
- Receive hands-on assistance with the job search and placement process – connecting with Chicago-area organizations seeking to hire recent college grads, identifying positions that best fit your interests and skills, and navigating the application, interview, and hiring processes
- Join a cohort of recent graduates from NU, Princeton, and the University of Chicago, placed at public interest throughout the city, as well as a community of NUPIP alumni, supervisors, mentors, and community leaders
- Participate in professional development seminars focused on issues facing Chicago communities and the nonprofit and public sectors, locally and nationally
- Be paired with an experienced mentor for career advice and support in building a professional network
- Make a meaningful impact on communities and social issues while developing concrete skills to aid in your future academic and professional endeavors
Who Should Apply?
NUPIP seeks graduating Northwestern seniors and recent alumni who can demonstrate the following characteristics:
- Demonstrated passion and motivation for public interest work
- Depth of understanding of social issues and critical awareness of one’s role in working toward social change
- The ability to work with diverse populations and communities, and flexibility in adapting to new environments and circumstances
- Strong professional skills, such as communication, interpersonal, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated initiative and leadership, the ability to persevere through challenges and produce results
- Commitment to the PIP program and community (seminars, mentorship, and the cohort of peers and alumni)
Learn more about the program or preview the application process.